The NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit has developed Time to Listen (TTL), a training programme specifically for people who have a designated role in safeguarding within a sports setting. This new multi-sport training is delivered by Wiltshire and Swindon Sport and is available to clubs in the county.
TTL is a training course designed to equip designated persons at various levels within sporting organisations to fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities to children. This training is aimed at those who are designated club welfare officers and will cover all the essential elements of undertaking this key role. The training will include:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Club Welfare Officer,
- Core legislation and guidance
- Supporting your club
- National and local roles
Is this the Right Course for me?
This course is designed for Club Welfare Officers.
Participants should have undertaken either the UK Coaching Safeguarding and Protecting Children or Local Authority equivalent awareness training.
We advise you to check whether this course is accepted by your NGB. Some NGBs require you to take the sport specific version of this course.
Please click here for Swim Mark guidelines regarding Time to Listen and Safeguarding courses.
Please note the following NGB's currently accept this course for Welfare Officers
Angling, Boccia, Bowls, Fencing, Shooting, Water Ski, Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Rugby, Badminton, Baseball, Canoeing, Rowing, Equestrian, Gymnastics, Judo, Mountaineering, Triathlon, Wrestling, Weight Lifting, Golf, basketball, Netball, Squash, Lacrosse, Table Tennis, Pentathlon, Yachting, Rugby Football League, Snowsport, Volleyball, Archery, Rounders and Swimming.
Our Upcoming Courses
- This workshop involves a moderate amount of reading and minimal writing.
- This workshop is seated and involves minimal physical activity
- Please note that some of our venues are located on the first floor and do not have wheelchair access. If you have specific access or learning needs, please contact us prior to the event.