We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in Sport. By agreeing to the Code of Conduct we can ensure that correct sporting behaviour and attitudes will be shown to all the staff responsible for competition, the students and the teachers.
Please read the details below and then submit your agreement at the bottom of the page.
Code of Conduct (PDF, 484 Kb)
Download a printable copy of the Code of Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of each school to ensure parents/spectators abide by this code of conduct
- Please remember that many of our officials are students themselves and volunteering. They have received training prior to this event.
- Any genuine complaints/concerns should be directed to a member of the event management team
- In the event of a serious breach of this code the event coordinator with can disqualify a school from participating in an event
- Where the LOC receives a report on a serious breach they can disqualify a school from participating in the School Games competition programme
- Display and promote high standards of behaviour
- Promote good sporting behaviour within the spirit of the Games
- Always respect the official's decisions
- Never engage in public criticism of officials
- Never enter the field of play during a game unless authorised by an official
- Never engage in or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each athlete above everything, including winning
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are a part of learning
- Ensure that spectators behave appropriately and take responsibility of their sanctions
- The behaviour of your children is your responsibility at all times
- Respond to any concerns about a child's or young person's welfare, working in partnership with others in the young person's best interests
- Play by the rules
- Accept every decision made by the officials
- Treat your opponents with respect at all times
- Accept victory and defeat equally with good grace
- Do your best even if your team is losing
- Be a good loser as well as a winner
- Do not leave the school games venue unless accompanied by a member of school staff
Parents & Spectators
- Support and encourage all players
- Respect the officials and their decisions
- Encourage fair play
- Never engage in or tolerate offensive, insulting language or behaviour
- Remember that young people play sport for their own enjoyment