Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This UK Coaching workshop will raise your awareness of the tell-tale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
- Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- Recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
Completing this course provides you with a certificate valid for 3 years.
Excellent tutor! Lots of useful information and excellent teaching method. I learnt a lot and will be using what has been taught going forwards.
Is this the Right Course for Me?
We advise you to check whether this course is accepted by your NGB. Please visit the CPSU for guidance on which safeguarding course is right for you. Please click here for Swim Mark guidelines regarding Time to Listen and Safeguarding courses.
Please note that this Safeguarding Course is only suitable for ages 18+.
You may also be interested in...
- Keeping Safe in Sport: Safeguarding for Young Volunteers (13+)
- Time to Listen: An in depth Safeguarding Course for Club Welfare Officers
Contact us to find out more.
- This workshop involves a small amount of reading and minimal writing.
- This workshop is seated and involves minimal physical activity.
- You are required to register with UK Coaching for this workshop. They will ask for your name, email address and date of birth and you will have the option to opt in or out of marketing.
- Please note that some of our venues are located on the first floor and do not have wheelchair access. If you have specific access or learning needs, please contact us prior to the event.