On this page you will find useful links to resources and organisations who can offer support related to safeguarding children and adults within your club or group.
WASP Safeguarding Courses
We regularly deliver the following workshops:
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Time to Listen - a course aimed at club welfare officers to cover all the essential elements of undertaking this key role
We can also deliver the above workshops specifically for your club, at a time and location to suit you.
Click here to find out more.
The Child Protection in Sport Unit
They assist sporting organisations to develop and embed safeguarding policies and procedures, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all participants, staff and volunteers.
They do this by:
- supporting sports organisations to follow our set of Standards for Safeguarding children in sport
- guiding sports organisations through a framework process to ensure standards are embedded across their work
- providing expert safeguarding and child protection advice to National Governing Bodies, Active Partnerships, clubs, coaches and parents
- developing and delivering sports specific training, and resources and guidance
- commissioning and supporting research into a range of issues, developing understanding and an evidence base for work
The Ann Craft Trust
The Ann Craft Trust is A Leading UK Authority on Safeguarding Disabled Children and Adults at Risk. They support organisations to safeguard disabled children and adults at risk and minimise the risk of harm.
- a range of workshops and training on: Safeguarding adults at risk, and Safeguarding adults in sport and physical activity settings.
- a service for your club to get in touch to get advice an support directly from an expert.
- access to the most relevant and up-to-date safeguarding information and research.