RightCoach is our accreditation scheme for coaches operating within Wiltshire.
At a national and local level it is acknowledged that coaches need to have certain knowledge and skills in order to coach effectively and safely; and be able to help children, players and athletes at all stages of their development. In order to for coaches to be able to deliver high quality, safe and effective sessions, WASP have established a local Coaching Network and has been working with a number of partners including UK Coaching, Wiltshire Council, Swindon Borough Council and the Education Department. The Coaching Network has established and agreed a set of Minimum Standards for Deployment (MSD) that we want to see being implemented by employers or deployers for all coaches working across the county in both community and school settings.
RightCoach accreditation is offered to any coach who meets our minimum standards of deployment:
Why Sign up to RightCoach?
- Inclusion on our RightCoach Accredited Coaches list, circulated to Wiltshire schools every month
- Your own coach profile, which you control
- Regular communication and up to date information
- Access to paid and voluntary coaching opportunities
- Access to funding to assist with UKCC Level 1, 2 & 3 qualifications
- Access to Coach Education courses
- And much more!
The first step to becoming RightCoach accredited is to register with WASP. After that, simply set up your coaching profile and log your qualifications.
To find out more about RighCoach, get in touch with Alan.
Project Officer- Workforce
- 07818 447980