What is Club Matters?
Club Matters is a Sport England Lottery Funded Programme that provides free information, advice and guidance for organisations delivering in the physical activity and sport sector and the workforce that support them. It is designed to support organisations who are looking to develop, grow, reach out to new communities and maximise their engagement with new and existing members/customers, participants and volunteers. If you are located in England and are delivering sport and/or physical activity as part your primary or secondary role, Club Matters can benefit you.
How do we work with Club Matters?
WASP works with Club Matters to ensure that the most up to date information is readily available and accessible for clubs and organisations. We can feedback on what topics are useful and encourage new things to be developed based upon what you tell us you want support on.
What resources are available?
Club Matters provide a wide range of trusted, helpful and practical resources which are easy to access and understand. All of these resources are free, simple and bite-sized and include online tutorials, videos, infographics, podcasts, guidance notes, templates and self-help tools. They offer support, guidance and learning opportunities relating to all aspects of running an organisation including:
- Setting up and running an organisation including information on legal and governance structures, constitutions, leadership and committees.
- Managing money including setting up and managing a bank account, preparing annual accounts, business planning, Tax and VAT.
- Marketing including reaching target audiences, working with partners, using social and traditional forms of media.
- Insurance and health and safety.
- Engaging and retaining volunteers.
- Safeguarding children and adults.
- Understanding the needs of existing and future participants/members.
- Growing your reach including engaging with specific target groups.
- Raising funding.
- Managing capital projects, facilities and asset transfers.
Club Matters also offers free workshops on a range of topics including business planning, marketing, legal structures, leadership teams and participant and volunteer experience. These are run in an informal, interactive way and provide a great forum for you to discuss your organisation’s challenges and best practice with people in similar situations. You can attend a workshop that is already organised or, if you have a large club/group, you can arrange your own. Please get in touch if you are interested in booking a workshop.
Previously, Club Matters also offered the Clubmark accreditation scheme. This has now ended, but club accreditation may still available through some National Governing Bodies.
How do I access Club Matters resources?
For information on all of the Club Matters resources please visit: https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/
To express interest in attending or organising a workshop, please visit: https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/club-matters-workshops/
You can also keep in touch by subscribing to the Club Matters newsletter (sign up via the website) and following @SportEngland on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
If you have any specific enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.