Sport England Small Grant opportunity for Rural Communities
Community First is working with Sport England and Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE) to run a pilot project in 2018 which promotes physical activity, sport and healthy lifestyles in rural communities. It focuses on getting inactive people to become more active.
The project pilots a very local approach to the distribution of the Sport England Small grants which have the following criteria:
- Rural communities as defined by the Government’s urban rural classification.
- Applications for sports and physical activity that traditionally receive lower levels of funding.
- Applications for sport and physical activity for the over 55s and multi-generational activity.
- Sport and physical activity for people over 14 years old, except where it is part of multigenerational activity.
- Activity that is developed from a local community space or asset which may be the village hall.
The pilot aims to distribute 16 grants to local groups including community buildings and youth clubs of up to £10,000
WASP are supporting Community First in this and would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in working with a local community or Village Hall to establish and deliver a local project. If you are interested in being involved or have an idea for a project you would like to develop please contact either Steve Boocock firstname.lastname@example.org.