How can effective professional learning maximise the Primary PE and Sport Premium
The additional investment of the Primary PE and Sport Premium will lead to all pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The objective of the funding is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity — kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
To ensure sustainable impact of this investment, schools should review their PE and school sport provision to identify where their greatest priorities are in terms of improving their PE and school sport.
This poster will provide you with the information you need to understand the value and outcomes of ensuring you have a suitable professional learning culture for PE and sport, that also supports the teachers’ standards framework.
Being aware what quality professional learning providers look like, as well as a self-review process, will enable you to understand what support or learning your staff need to ensure they are confident and competent to teach PE and school sport.