Emergency First Aid at Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is a one day course which takes 6 hours to complete. It meets the standards required to comply with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. This course is the minimum requirement for a person to deal with potential casualties in the workplace. The HSE also recommend an annual refresher course which takes 3 hours to complete.
This course also includes defibrillator awareness training.
- Role of the first-aider
- Recording incidents and actions
- Preventing cross infection
- To act safe, prompt and effectively in an emergency
- To deal with an unconscious casualty (including seizures)
- To perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) awareness
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, minor burns and splinters