- Applicants must live in, or deliver coaching in, Wiltshire or Swindon.
- Applications will be prioritised by local need e.g. sport, coaching workforce or club demand. The panel will ensure a fair spread of bursaries are awarded across the county.
- Applications from coaches within clubs who are accredited through their NGB or Sport England, or are working towards accreditation, are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must apply for the bursary before the start of their course date.
- All sections of the application form must be completed.
- Applications will be assessed by a panel made of representatives from WASP and Wiltshire Council. The decision of the panel will be final.
- To receive your bursary payment, all eligibility criteria must be met within 3 months of passing the course or you will risk losing your bursary.
- Applicants may be contacted to provide a supporting statement from your club, NGB or local Sports Development Officer on how the bursary will support their club, sport or activity.
- Applicants are currently predominantly coaching in a voluntary capacity in a sports club, organisation or community setting.
- All applicants must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure certificate, issued within the last 3 years by a relevant body.
- As per the minimum standards of deployment (MSD), applicants must hold relevant certificates in first aid, safeguarding & child protection and coaching insurance by the time that the bursary is paid (unless exemption is agreed by the bursary panel in writing). For more information visit https://www.wiltssport.org.uk/get-involved/rightcoach .
- Applicants have an honouring commitment to deliver 10 hours of sessions on a voluntary basis. These can be in one or multiple settings (e.g. curricular, extra-curricular, club, community) and must be evidenced before the bursary can be paid.
- If successful, the bursary payment will be made on completion of the course and once evidence of a pass certificate, DBS, MSD and voluntary sessions have been provided.
- Funding must go towards the costs of a recognised course or qualification related to an applicants sport or physical activity.
- Six months after completing the qualification recipients must provide a case study/report to demonstrate the outcomes from the funded course and provide evidence of the impact of the qualification on themselves (Personal Statement) and people they have coached during that time (including photos/video).
- Applicants are expected to register with RightCoach via WASP and log their qualifications and relevant coaching sessions at https://www.wiltssport.org.uk/login.
- Applicants undertaking a Level 2 qualification or above are expected to join the RightCoach accredited coaching scheme on completion of their course, if not already a member. To find out more visit https://www.wiltssport.org.uk/get-involved/rightcoach .
Equality and Diversity
Both Wiltshire Council and Wiltshire & Swindon Sport are firmly committed to the principles of equality and inclusion in both coaching and participant provision. We are keen to celebrate the diversity of people who live and/or deliver in Wiltshire and Swindon to ensure our sport provisions are accessible to all. Our aim is to ensure no applicant receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged by policies, procedures, conditions or requirements including on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, ethnic background, religion or belief, sexual orientation or caring responsibilities which cannot be shown to be justified.