afPE: The Importance of Physical Activity
The Association for Physical Education (afPE) has been commissioned by Sport England to produce resources comprising a poster highlighting the difference that physical education can make to the pupils in your school and an information leaflet for parents/carers outlining the importance of children and young people being active. afPE recognises how important children and young people’s physical health and emotional well-being are and the relationship between these and academic achievement.
Download the resources:
These complimentary resources promote the benefits of physical education, school sport and physical activity and will help implement recommendations from the following national strategies:
- Obesity Strategy, HM Government
- Towards an Active Nation, Sport England
- Education Excellence Everywhere, Department for Education
- Sporting Future, HM Government
The resources were posted out to every school in England (for the attention of the Headteacher) on 1st December 2016.
For more information, please click HERE.
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.