Primary PE Audit Tool
The model illustrates a professional knowledge base consisting of four distinct areas; subject knowledge, pedagogic knowledge, practice in context and reflection and academic engagement (as depicted through the four coloured boxes). The purpose of the model is to engage beginning teachers, qualified teachers and institutions in a process of critical reflection and engagement in professional learning for primary physical education.
Although the model depicts professional knowledge as a journey, it recognises that progression through the stages (emergent, secure and aspirational) is not linear or time bound. Professional standards remain at the centre of the model to ensure that development of professional knowledge in primary physical education is well evidenced and continually reviewed against Teacher Standards.
The four aspects of professional knowledge appear at each phase of the journey and are depicted as hierarchical to ensure that signposting is relevant to the appropriate stage of the teacher. Knowledge within the model is not assumed to be fixed, but flexible depending on the individual, context and relevancy to the professional to whom it applies.
The Association for Physical Education - http://www.afpe.org.uk/physical-education/professional-learning-model-a-auditing-tools/
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.