Leadership in Running Fitness course delivered by England Athletics
The Leadership in Running Fitness course delivered by England Athletics addresses barriers to participation in running finding ways of appealing to those not traditionally attracted to running clubs. On the course you will receive your DBS form and will then be able to apply for a DBS check with UK Athletics. Once you've completed the course and received DBS clearance from UK Athletics you will be able to run your group as an Official Run England Group.
Cost is around £150 but funding may be available to support you.
WHAT DO I LEARN ON A LEADERSHIP IN RUNNING FITNESS COURSE?
- Looking at barriers to running and how to overcome those barriers
- How to develop a session & session components including risk assessment, safety, goals and reviewing practice
- Managing your group to include all abilities
- Session planning, different activities to include, importance of variety
- Goal setting – How to set and use personal goals
- Warming up and cooling down
- Correct stretching for running
- Common injuries and injury prevention
- Footwear – the basics
- Being a leader – what's expected of you
We are looking at delivering a course in the Wiltshire area May time. If you are interested in attending please contact Amy Chalk on email@example.com