afPE Quality Mark
A prestigious award is a powerful way of celebrating success. The afPE Quality Mark will recognise, through a succinct self review and evaluation process, the strength and quality of physical education and sport in your school. It will raise the profile of the subject and the school both locally and nationally and will promote the high quality work that is being undertaken on a day to day basis. High quality physical education and sport makes a difference to the learning and experiences of children and young people both within the subject and more widely across the curriculum.
The benefits of the afPE Quality Mark:
- Ensures rigour and sustainability in the planning, monitoring and continuous development of high quality physical education and sport
- Recognises outstanding practice and innovation in physical education and sport
- Raises the profile of physical education and sport at a local, regional and national level
- Involves individuals and groups in recording and celebrating success so that the school ‘stands out from the crowd’
- Recognises best practice in physical education and sport and provides a platform for sharing excellence and success
- Promotes a positive message to the local community
- Celebrates excellence in the organisation, management and delivery of physical education and sport
- Showcases how PE and sport contributes to whole school improvement
How can your school apply for the afPE Quality Mark?
The process involves completing a Microsoft Word application using a self-review strategy which will be followed up by a review visit by an allocated afPE Validator.
The next three submission dates are:
- 17th February 2017
- 28th April 2017
- 30th June 2017
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.